• Opera Singing Course, in School of Music of National Conservatory of Lisbon (2011). Studied Singing with Joana Levy, Ana Leonor Pereira and Larissa Savchenko.
• Graduated in Musical Education (Formação Musical), in Escola Superior de Música de Lisboa (Music University of Lisbon) (2006).
• Graduated in Composition, in Escola Superior de Música de Lisboa (Music University of Lisbon) (2003). Studied Composition and Orchestration with António de Sousa Dias, António Pinho Vargas, Christopher Bochmann, Sérgio Azevedo, Roberto Perez and Vasco Pearce de Azevedo, with whom studied also Skills for Choral Conductor.
• Piano Course, in School of Music "Luís António Maldonado Rodrigues", Torres Vedras (1992-1998), where she ended de 6th year of Piano and completed studies of Musical Education, Analysis and Techniques of Composition, Acustic and History of Music.
• Workshop Cultures d' Europe - La Chanson Comme Point de Rencontre ("Europe Cultures – The Song as Meeting Point") from Grundtvig Program of European Comission, in Munster, France (2012)
• Course "Health and Singing" – in Institute of Health Science, from Portuguese Catholic University. (2009)
• International Course of Vocal Music – Solo Singing - University of Aveiro, Portugal. (2007)
• Course of Musical Pedagogy Wuytack. (2006)
ARTISTIC ACTIVITY AS A SOLO AND CHOIR SINGER
• At the moment, she is organizing and performing solo concerts, making musical programs and singing on weddings and other ceremonies.
Classical music where she participated
Operas and musicals:
La Bohème, Puccini (portuguese version) (2012) / "The Great Musicals" (concert) – Themes from The Phantom of the Opera, Chess, Les Miserables e Miss Saigon (2012) / Samsom & Dalila, C. Saint-Saëns (2011) / 4 Opera Flashmob (2011) / La Bohème, Puccini (italian version) (2010) / Nabucco, Verdi (2010) / L'Elisir d'Amore, Donizetti (Portuguese version) (2008) / Hänsel und Gretel, Humperdink (portuguese version) (2007) / Fairy Queen, Purcell (2006) / The Phantom of the Opera, Andrew Lloyd Webber (2005) / West Side Story, L. Bernstein (2004) / "A Força no Querer" – Musical Theater, about D. Bosco's life, in Open Ceremony of Salesian National Games, in Salesian School of Manique (Alcabideche, Portugal) (2004).
Other symphonic pieces:
Requiem, Verdi / Requiem, Mozart / Ein deutches Requiem, Brahms / Oktober Cantata, Prokofiev / Gloria, Poulenc / A Sea Symphony, Vaughan Williams / 3th Symphony, Mahler / 2th Sinfonia-Cantata: Lobgesang, Mendelssohn / Die Schöpfung ("The Creation"), Haydn / "Requiem à memória de Passos Manuel", Eurico Carrapatoso / Missa Solemnis in C (KV 337) Mozart / Carmina Burana, Carl Orff / Gloria, Vivaldi / Deutsche Messe – Schubert / Magnificat, Pergolesi / Opera Galas / and many others, symphónic and camera pieces, included recording CDs with pieces of F. Lopes Graça and other portuguese and contemporary composers.
Profissional companies and groups
Has been working with "Companhia de Ópera do Castelo" (Lisbon) / "Companhia de Ópera do Porto" (Oporto) / "Coro Sinfónico Lisboa Cantat" / "Coro de Câmara Lisboa Cantat" / "Coro do Teatro Nacional de S. Carlos" (Lisbon) / Coro de Câmara do Instituto Piaget de Almada / "Coro feminino Donna Voce" (Lisbon) / "Coral de São José" (Ponta Delgada, Açores) / Grupo vocal Voicemail (Lisbon).
Has been singing with: Orquestra Metropolitana de Lisboa / Orquestra Sinfónica Portuguesa / Orquestra Nacional do Porto / Orquestra do Norte / Orquestra do Algarve / Orquestra Clássica de Espinho / Banda da Força Aérea / Orquestra de Câmara de Lisboa / Orquestra de Sopros da Musical Trafariense / and smaller groups.
Already worked with: José Ferreira Lobo, Adriano Martinolli, Theodor Guschlbauer, Cesário Costa, Michael Zilm, Jorge Alves, Maria Clara Coelho, Paulo Lourenço, Stephen Coker, Filipe Carvalheiro, Osvaldo Ferreira, Dmitri Jurowski, Giovanni Andreoli, Donato Renzetti, Vasco Pearce de Azevedo, Christopher Bochmann, José Filipe Guerreiro, Teresita Marques, Jorge Camacho.
In opera as been working also with the staging directors Maria Emília Correia, Michel Dieuaide, Giulio Ciabatti and Giancarlo Fabbri, and with the pianists Jeff Cohen, Nicholas McNair, Armando Vidal and Pedro Vieira de Almeida, as well with the best portuguese and foreign solo singers.
Versatile voice – other styles
Besides classical music, Ana sings also other styles. She competed to "Festival RTP da Canção" (Eurovision Festival) (2010) with a song that she wrote and sang; has been singing Jazz, Bossa Nova, Fado and other styles in informal atmospheres like live music bars and friends and international meetings, including her own songs, singing and playing piano.
She participated in 3 concerts on TV - RTP and RTP África. Has been on stage with famous singers like: Carlos Guilherme, Elizabete Matos, José Cura, Mariza, Luís Represas, Camané, Rui Veloso, Nuno Feist, Henrique Feist, Fernando Fernandes (FF), Vanessa Silva and Eva Santiago.
COMPOSITION / ARRANGEMENTS
• Composition of songs with her own lyrics and music (solo project, since 2008)
• 2 arrangements for choir:
- Bist du bei mir, J. S. Bach, for choir (S/A/T/B) and piano (2010);
- Stand by me, Ben E. King, for a cappella choir (S/S/A/T/B) (2010)
• One composition for choir (S/A/T/B), for religious lyrics, entitled "Maria, Árvore da Vida" (2006);
• Musical registration (writing) of 45 traditional portuguese songs, that constitute the music repertory of "Rancho Folclórico Os Pescadores de Ribamar", until then it didn't exist written. (2005)
• Composition of children songs and presentation of it, in Escola Salesiana de Manique (Salesian School of Manique) – Cascais. (2002-2005)
• Composition of popular march, to "Marchas Populares de Almada" (2001)
• Composition of contemporary music:
- Abertura for Ensemble of 17 instruments (2003)
- Ondas for Flute and Guitar (2002)
- 4 Mini-Peças (Mini-pieces) for Piano (2001)
- Madrugada for the Ensemble of Contemporary Music of ESML (LIsbon University of Music) (2000)
- Perseguições for 2 Clarinets (1999)
• Participation in two Internacional Festivals of Electroacustic Music "Música Viva", with the pieces Tempestade Numa Chávena de Café ("A Storm in a Coffee Cup") (Lisbon, 2000) e Hoje Soa Assim ("Today it Sounds Like This") (Oporto, 2001)
• 2011-12 - Choir conductor and composer/arranger of The Glee Club of Primeiro Acto – Escola de Musicais e Artes de Palco (Odivelas, Portugal).
• 2009-11 – Choir conductor (and founder) of Chamber Choir of Conservatory of Music of Metropolitana (Lisboa).
Along the artistic activities and since many years she has been teaching in various music schools, like Regionals Conservatoriums of Tomar and Alhandra, Professional School of Music of Almada, Academia de Amadores de Música (Lisbon), Academia de Música de Almada, Fundação Musical dos Amigos das Crianças (Lisbon), Escola Superior de Educação Jean Piaget of Almada e Conservatório de Música da Metropolitana (Lisbon). Actually, she is a teacher of Formação Musical (Music Theory) and Singing, in The Instituto de Música Vitorino Matono (Lisboa).